Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hit The Streets

This week's assignment is to go out on the town and take photographs of a location you could actually visit - take detail shots, mood shots, whathaveyou - and compile a mockup sheet. After that, the name of the game is choosing a style to emulate.

And, since I was away from the city on the weekend, I present to you my location:
My grandparents' place on Salt Spring Island.

The layout style I've chosen is that of Disney's Enchanted, which is only partially animated:
(The concept art for this is currently eluding me, so until a style sheet is compiled, please enjoy the YouTube snippet that will - in all likelihood - be taken down quite soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ovlr3cypTY )

And has, in itself, taken stylistic cues from the works of Alphonse Mucha:

No comments:

Post a Comment